Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kristin: A Good Technology Day

While most days I think that technology is making us faster but not necessarily happier, there are days when I thank the big circuit board for it. Like this morning for instance. I logged off my three-times-a-week online call with Wade and thought about how cool it was that I could pull out my laptop, sign onto a free little program, and ‘call’ Wade. We can talk for as long as we like without worrying about the wrath of $.45 a minute when those coveted ‘anytime’ minutes deplete. We can drag and drop pictures and documents and they just magically appear across the country. We can even see each other if we want.

It’s no substitute for the real thing, but it’s definitely one in the ‘technology working for the good of the whole’ column.

No comments: